We at Students for Life of America are proud to announce a brand new program aimed at informing and directing high school students in the best ways to aide local pregnancy support organizations and to compassionately encourage pregnant and parenting teens in their communities. The new program is called Building a Better Future.
The Building a Better Future (BBF) campaign is a crucial step in the Pregnant on Campus Initiative that provides earlier education on pregnancy support and directs high school pregnant and parenting students towards post-secondary educational achievements (i.e. college degrees).
High school student leaders will become invested in building a better future for themselves, their school communities, and especially their pregnant and parenting peers.
We believe that there is a better response to unplanned teen pregnancy and that together we can build a future for pregnant and parenting teens by establishing a community of support. We believe that these teens should be encouraged in their personal, educational, and career goals, and we will support them.
Building a Better Future is designed to:
- Train and equip high school student leaders in how to inform their community about unplanned teen pregnancy and how to compassionately serve their peers.
- Increase advertisement and support of pregnancy resource centers on the high school level.
- Provide encouragement and support in parenting teens’ educational advancement and success (i.e. to provide the resources and support that will keep parenting students in school).
With the consent of their faculty advisor, high school groups are invited to:
- Participate in Building a Better Future trainings.
- Advertise pregnancy resources.
- Support and volunteer with local pregnancy support organizations
- Direct pregnant and parenting peers towards resources at their schools and in their communities.
Your SFLA Regional Coordinator will provide BBF groups with free resources and trainings to support these groups efforts. Regional Coordinators can teach groups more effective ways to market resources, support their local pregnancy resource centers, support students on campus, and more! Groups will be provided with a list of activity guidelines along with one-on-one trainings and resources.
For more information on the program, contact your Regional Coordinator today!
If you are a student in CA or NV, contact Camille Rodriguez.
If you are a student in OR, WA, ID, MT, HI or AK contact Katie Lodjic.
If you are a student in CO, NM, WY, AZ, or UT, contact Jake Simon.
If you are a student in MI, IN, or OH, contact RJ McVeigh.
If you are a student in VA, MD, PA, DC, or DE, contact Michelle Hendrickson.
If you are a student in KY, WV, or TN, contact Brenna Hartwell.
If you are a student in NE, IA, KS, IL, or MO, contact Reagan Barklage.
If you are a student in OK or TX, contact Jillian Ferguson.
If you are a student in NY or NJ, contact Keri Landeche.
If you are a student in NC, SC, GA, or FL, contact Ryan Eyrich.
If you are a student in MN or WI, contact Maddie Schulte.
If you are a student in a state not listed, contact Lisa Stover.