A brand new Marist/Knights of Columbus poll shows that Millennials hold views consistent with the pro-life position. This generation is pro-life – just look at the National Pro-Life March and sea of young people that go every year. Look at our 930 student pro-life groups on college and high school campuses.
There is such passion in this generation to help both mother and their babies and to help their own peers who find themselves pregnant and in college. They hold baby showers on campus, they lobby their schools for lactation rooms, they stand outside of abortion facilities and pray, they are trained by our own Regional Coordinators on how to compassionately talk about abortion and they stand on their own campuses with campus displays like the Planned Parenthood Project.
This is the generation that is going to abolish abortion
Here are the encouraging numbers from the poll about Millennials:
- 54% would limit abortion to, at most, cases of rape, incest or life of the mother.
- 76% would limit to after the first three months of pregnancy.
- 66% oppose taxpayer funding.
- 62% want a ban after 20 weeks.
- 75% say laws can protect both mother and unborn child.