Celebrating 10 years since launching full-time in 2006 and the growth of the youth pro-life movement, Students for Life of America will be awarding their annual Defender of Life Award to 10 Millennials from various niches within the pro-life movement who have made incredible strides throughout the past decade to advance the pro-life message of love and compassion for women and their children.
“We are thrilled to mark our tenth year with honoring ten incredible Millennials, an age group that trend more pro-life than their parents and grandparents and who are passionate about their pro-life beliefs,” said Tina Whittington, executive Vice President of Students for Life of America. “These ten individuals are a great representation of the students we work with and the many pro-life organizations that we partner with in order to bring about a culture of life and make abortion unthinkable.”
The ten individuals receiving the Defender of Life Award as a whole are:
- David Daleiden, Center for Medical Progress
- Lila Rose, Live Action
- Abby Johnson, And Then There Were None
- Christina Bennett, National Black Coalition
- Kelsey Hazzard, Secular Pro-Life
- Stephanie Gray, Love Unleashes Life
- Cristina Barba, The Culture Project
- Josh Brahm, Equal Rights Institute
- Kristina Garza, The Vida Initiative
- Kristan Hawkins, Students for Life of America
Past award winners of the Students for Life of America Defender of Life Award have been Congressman Chris Smith (R-NJ), Professor Robbie George, Heartbeat International president Peggy Hartshorn, Father Frank Pavone of Priests for Life, David Bereit for 40 Days for Life, and Chai Ling of All Girls Allowed.