Are you ready to abolish abortion? Are you considering a full time career in the pro-life movement? Are you wondering where your passions and skills best fit in the cause?
This is the opportunity for you!
Students for Life of America’s Pro-Life Apprenticeship program offers students and recent college graduates, an opportunity to live, work, and breathe the pro-life movement for one or two semesters – up to a full year!
Apprenticeship opportunities include apologetics, dialogue, and sidewalk counseling training as well as the chance to use those trainings for campus and community
outreach throughout the year. Students for Life partners with many national pro-life
organizations, and there will be opportunities to receive training from organizations like Susan B. Anthony List, 40 Days for Life, Rock for Life, and Americans United for Life during your time with us.
Each apprentice is expected to propose and accomplish an individual project that relates to their interest, passion, or skills within the pro-life movement. Guidance, mentoring, and resources for approved projects will be given throughout the apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship takes place at our Virginia headquarters and includes housing and a $200 monthly food stipend; the accepted apprentice will have to fundraise for any expenses beyond this. Applicants should have some pro-life experience, a valid driver’s license, and a willingness to live in community with other apprentices. Some travel will be required. Applicants do not need to have their own vehicle but may be expected to drive a van for community outreach events.
To apply for SFLA’s Pro-Life Apprenticeship, please send in your resume and cover letter to Tina Whittington at [email protected]. Space is limited so apply now for Summer 2015, Fall 2015 and Spring 2016!
SFLA Pro-Life Apprentice Description
Summary: Primary responsibility is to assist in the success of the Students for Life National Field Program through contributing in the effectiveness of the headquarter office, planning and organizing campus and community outreach, and assisting the Field Team on projects as they arise. Apprentices will report directly to the Executive Vice President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic office responsibilities, i.e. answering phones, assisting in daily operations
- Filling and shipping student resource orders
- Coordinating and leading community and campus outreach events
- Participating in bi-Monthly training on topics to include apologetics, dialogue, and sidewalk counseling
- Traveling to and running outreach booths at various youth conferences and music festivals
- Planning and accomplishing an apprenticeship project
- Assisting with SFLA Regional Leadership Summits and National Conferences
- Assisting with rapid response events on campuses and communities as they occur
- Projects and tasks assigned based on major or skill set, i.e. graphic design, communications, or marketing
- Pro-life campus or community experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Good people skills
- Passionate about Life
- Good attitude and a willingness to problem solve and reach outside of comfort zone