Despite the caring persona created in the media, Planned Parenthood is an abortion business. Why? Because abortion is profit.
- In 2012, the average price for an abortion at PP: $451
- In 2012: PP performed over 327,653 abortions, 897 per day
- In 2012: As a “non-profit”, PP posted a total revenue of 1 billion 200 million dollars
- In 2012: PP provided only 1 adoption for every 149 abortions
- Planned Parenthood requires their employees to meet an abortion quota, because abortion is their profit-driver
So how do they create a continued customer base for their big abortion business?
Plan A: Provide poor quality, faulty birth control.
In its February 2005 issue of Consumer Reports, the non-profit Consumers Union ranked two of Planned Parenthood’s condom lines the lowest out of all the brands that they tested.
Plan B: Encourage daily hormonal treatment.
PP encourages women to go on a daily birth control regimen, side effects of which include blood clots, cancer, and death. Since hormone doses affect all women differently, but they offer the same dose as a fits-all, when it fails, they offer the Morning After Pill, or other forms of chemical abortion.
Plan C: Offer deceptive counseling and biased information.
Many former employees testify that PP’s “options counseling” was and is routinely used to steer women towards abortion.
PLAN $$$: Money, money, money.
PP receives billions of tax-payer dollars as a non-profit. They claim to provide essential health services – services that 8,000 taxpayer funded community health centers provide at universally lower prices (they can be found here: www.nachc.com/findahealthcenter.cfm).
Still many Planned Parenthood advocates attempt to justify their non-profit status with statements like, “But Planned Parenthood offers so many other valuable services to women and to the community!” Whether Planned Parenthood offers other services or not, no other service, low-cost procedure, or supposedly “good deed” performed by such an organization can justify the blood money being made in abortions.
What’s in the Box:
- 50 Planned Parenthood Project Cards
- 50 Planned Parenthood’s Plan for You Cards
- 10 “The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood” magazines
- 10 Planned Parenthood flyers
How to Use the Box:
This month, we want you to hit the sidewalks and expose Planned Parenthood for the abortion business they are right at their own front door. Find the nearest Planned Parenthood to your school. (If there are no Planned Parenthood’s within driving distance, find another abortion facility or simply use a public sidewalk.) Either pick a week where you will go every day, or go once a week for month. Make copies of the flyers provided and hang them around your school. Use the literature to hand out to people entering the facility. Make sure you are on the public sidewalks and do not trespass. Also, consult your local 40 Days for Life campaign or sidewalk counselors so that you are not interfering with their plans. You can also hold a memorial service or prayer vigil outside the Planned Parenthood. Invite local community members to be involved.
Request a free training with SFLA on “Planned Parenthood’s Abortion Business.”
To request a box, email your Regional Coordinator (see below)!
- If you are a college student in CA, AZ, or NV, please contact Emily Wilkinson.
- If you are a college student in OR, WA, ID, MT, or AK please contact Lisa Atkins.
- If you are a college student in CO, NM, WY, or UT, please contact Lo Castillo (Martinez).
- If you are a college student in MN, WI, ND, SD, or IA, please contact Angela Erickson.
- If you are a college student in MI, IN, or OH, please contact R.J. McVeigh.
- If you are a college student in KY or TN, please contact Alejandro Capote.
- If you are a college in VA, DC, MD, WV, or DE, please contact Michele Hendrickson.
- If you are a college student in MO, NE, IL, or KS please contact Reagan Nielsen.
- If you are a college student in RI, VT, NH, CT, MA, or ME please contact Peter Schmidt.
- If you are a college student in a state not listed above, please contact Beth Rahal.
- If you are a high school, click here.
**SFLA Resources are only available to active high school or college student groups. If you are a youth minister or community member, please email [email protected] for other options.