St. Patrick’s Students for Life are mighty warriors for life and while a new club at their school, they already started reshaping the conversation and attitude on abortion. This Student for Life group is a great example of how you can be the new club at your high school and be loving, inviting, compassionate, courageous, and bold.
The St. Patrick’s SFL group’s goals are to educate their peers about the violence of abortion and invite others to a deeper conversation on abortion.
This is how they are accomplishing those goals:
- Students manned a pro-life youth booth at the St. Patrick’s Fall Festival to help fundraise
- They participated in the National Pro-Life Chalk Day, covering their school with life affirming messages
- They hosted speakers from Life Training Institute and Students for Life of America
- On Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity, 50 students gave up their voices to remember and educate their peers about the innocent children lost daily to abortions
- Students participated at the annual Walk for Life and the Diocese of Covington Pro-Life mass
- They are planning on hosting a diaper drive to help their local pregnancy resource center in 2015
- They will be attending the March for Life in Washington, DC for the first time in January 2015
These students demonstrate the joy, energy and compassion that is so typical of young pro-lifers who care deeply about the world and weakest members of our society. They know that a third of their generation is missing and therefore cannot remain silent in the face of this horrible social injustice of abortion.
St. Patrick’s Students for Life challenges us all daily with this question-what are you doing to end abortion in our lifetime? Get up, march on, and speak up! As Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. reminds us, “the ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.” If not us, who? If not now, when?
Students for Life of America is awarding St. Patrick Students for Life as December High School Group of the Month.