Welcome back to school! We at Students for Life of America are excited for you to start another school year. We can’t wait to see all that you accomplish and the lives that are impacted through your pro-life group.
The most important thing your group can do at the start of the year is RECRUITING! Recruiting new members is vital to your club’s growth and impact. At the beginning of the year you have a lot of new students who are looking for ways to get involved, and you don’t want to miss an opportunity to grow your group. Recruiting is also really important in finding and developing new leaders. And, it’s really fun!
What’s in the Box?
- Student sign-up sheet
- SFLA Topic cards addressing Rape, health of mother, fetal dev., and fetal abnormality
- SFLA “I am the Pro-Life Generation” sign
- 180 Video
- Stand for Life Book, Students for Life version
- And resources addressing your legal rights as a pro-life student group
Setting up a recruiting table will be the best way to get your group’s information out to your peers. Having a table also creates an initial presence at your school. IMPORTANT: be sure not to miss the school’s club fair, new student orientation, and any other school wide event. Here are a few things to keep in mind when setting up your table:
1) Setting up your table is almost as important as what you say to students; at first glance you want your table to be eye catching and organized. You want to have a table cloth (you can get a fun color at the dollar store) and all of your group information (meeting times, next event, mission, vision or purpose). You will also want to have information students can take away with them, such as Students for Life of Americas topic cards or the local Pregnancy Resource Center information. Having some sort of candy, cookie, sticker, etc…something cool will help attract people as well. Food is always a good way to go.
2) You will want to very clearly display your group’s sign and information. You can use the sign provided to attract students, or as a more decorative piece to your table, but your group name should be the first thing students see.
3) And most importantly, be sure you are present at your table. Ask people to visit your table and say hello to people in order to get their attention. It is best to be standing (I know sitting is tempting especially if you are recruiting for a few hours) but, sitting makes you look uninterested and not very exciting. Remember have fun, be excited, have an awesome table, and recruit those new members!
Request a Free Training with SFLA on “Planning Your Year.”
To request a box, ask your Regional Coordinator, or email [email protected], for this month’s FREE code. Once you have your code, visit our store – http://studentsforlife.storenvy.com/. Without your student discount, the box is not free, so be sure to ask your Regional Coordinator for it!
**SFLA Resources are only available to active high school or college student groups. If you are a youth minister or community member, please email [email protected].**
If you have any questions or comments, email Casey Tesauro at [email protected].