Have you been considering a full time career in the pro-life movement but are uncertain of what it takes or where your passion and skills would best be used? This just may be the opportunity for you!
Students for Life of America is launching a new Pro-Life Apprenticeship program to offer students or recent college graduates, an opportunity to live, work, and breathe the pro-life movement for one or two semesters or up to a full year!
The Apprenticeship will include apologetics, dialogue, and sidewalk counseling training with opportunities throughout the year to use that training for campus and community outreach. Students for Life partners with many national pro-life organizations, and there will also be opportunities to receive training from organizations like the Susan B. Anthony List, 40 Days for Life, Rock for Life, and Americans United for Life. Each apprentice will be expected to propose and accomplish an individual project that relates to their interest, passion, or skills within the pro-life movement. Guidance, mentoring, and resources for accepted projects will be given throughout the apprenticeship with the goal of accomplishing the project by the end of the apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will take place at our Virginia headquarters and will include housing and a $200 monthly food stipend; expenses beyond these the accepted apprentice will have to fundraise. Applicants should have some pro-life experience, a valid driver’s license, and a willingness to live in community with the other accepted apprentices. Some travel will be required, applicants do not need to have their own vehicle but may be expected to drive a van for community outreach events.
To apply for SFLA’s new Pro-Life Apprenticeship, please send in your resume and cover letter to Tina Whittington at [email protected]. Space is limited so apply now for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015!
SFLA Pro-Life Apprentice
Summary: Primary responsibility is to assist in the success of the Students for Life National Field Program through contributing in the effectiveness of the headquarter office, planning and organizing campus and community outreach, and assisting the Field Team on projects as they arise. Apprentices will report directly to the Executive Vice President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic office responsibilities, i.e. answering phones, assisting in daily operations
- Filling and shipping student resource orders
- Coordinating and leading community and campus outreach events
- Participating in bii-Monthly training on topics to include apologetics, dialogue, and sidewalk counseling
- Traveling to and running outreach booths at various youth conferences and music festivals
- Planning and accomplishing an apprenticeship project
- Assisting with SFLA Regional Leadership Summits and National Conferences
- Assisting with rapid response events on campuses and communities as they occur
- Projects and tasks assigned based on major or skill set, i.e. graphic design, communications, or marketing
- Pro-life campus or community experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Good people skills
- Passionate about Life
- Good attitude and a willingness to problem solve and reach outside of comfort zone