Are you a leader or officer in your campus pro-life group? Do you aspire to work in the pro-life movement full-time? Do you want to be mentored by a national pro-life leader?
If you answered “Yes” to all of these questions, then you should consider applying for the SFLA Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship!
What Students are Saying
“The Wilberforce Fellowship is a great opportunity to experience what is going on in our Movement. It provides an excellent “behind-the-scenes” look at the effort that many good-willed people are putting forth in an attempt to achieve justice for preborn children. You will have the opportunity to influence and be influenced by people of all ages, while focusing on the improvement of your leadership skills. I am thankful for my Wilberforce experience, and suggest that justice-seeking students seriously consider applying for it. ” – Shea Hasenauer, 2010-2011 SFLA Wilberforce Leadership Fellow
The mission of the Students for Life of America Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship is to raise up the next generation of pro-life leaders. We want to train student pro-life activists to be leaders on campus (and beyond) and to network those student leaders with their counterparts in the national pro-life movement to help further develop their skills. Simply put, the SFLA Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship is the training you need for a career in the pro-life movement!
What to Expect
During the 2014-2015 school year, Wilberforce Fellows will be…
- Learning what it takes to be a leader by reviewing various books and publications and participating in bi-weekly webcasts for discussion and guest speaker lectures
- Applying the skills they learn to their campus pro-life groups by organizing at least 2 activism/educational events and 1 training event
- Assisting Students for Life of America in its mission of equipping the pro-life generation
- Working with their National Wilberforce Mentor (a leader of an existing national pro-life organization) who will help network them with the national pro-life movement and assist in completion on their Fellowship Projects
The Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship will consume a couple of hours a week. At this time, no financial stipends are available.
On July 18-20, 2014, all SFLA Wilberforce Leadership Fellows will be flown to Washington, D.C. for the kick-off weekend training retreat including day-long training with representatives from the Leadership Training Institute. Flights, housing, and meals in the D.C. area will be covered by SFLA.
Who is Eligible to Apply
- Any undergraduate, graduate, law, or med students may apply
- Must be a current leader in a pro-life organization
- Must be interested in pursuing a full-time career in the pro-life movement
Download the SFLA Wilberforce-2014-Application. All applications are due by April 30th. Interviews will be scheduled shortly thereafter. Selections will be made by May 17th. Please email your application to Brendan at [email protected]