CONTACT INFORMATION YOU NEED
If you have any free speech or legal questions before or during your #ProLifeWalkout, contact Matt Lamb at [email protected].
If you need help responding to media questions or need help reaching the media in your area, contact Kristi Hamrick at [email protected].
LEGAL & FREE SPEECH RIGHTS
Life Legal Defense Foundation has volunteered to assist any students whose free-speech rights are threatened or violated for free. Contact Matt Lamb if you have any legal or free speech issues at [email protected].
You can review all your rights regarding the walkout here.
SAMPLE PRESS RELEASE
To get media for your school’s #ProLifeWalkout, you first have to create a list of local media in your area who you think will cover your walkout. Follow the simple steps below for how to create your “press list” and view a sample press release for your school’s #ProLifeWalkout. Send out your press release on April 4th, April 10th, and then again early on the morning of April 11th.
You can find a sample press release for the event here.
For any media questions, you can always contact the Students for Life team at [email protected] or call us at (540) 834-4600. Make sure sure you forward any news coverage you receive from your #ProLifeWalkout to us at [email protected]
HOW TO CREATE A “PRESS LIST”
1) Find your local papers online. You can do this by Googling your city name and paper.
2) Look for reporters who cover education and politics. A local reporter who writes about a school building, a new athletic complex, or who writes about a city council vote would be a good start. Anyone who covered the walk out several weeks ago about gun violence would also be a good person. Collect the names and emails of all of these reporters.
3) Call your local TV station(s). Ask them for the assignment desk or news editor desk and leave a message about your #ProLifeWalkout and ask for their e-mail so you can send them the press release.
WHEN TO SEND YOUR PRESS RELEASE
It is always good to send a press release multiple times, usually 1 week out, the day before, and the day of your event if you have not heard anything back from the reporter. Make sure you include your name and contact information in your press release.
HASHTAGS TO USE FOR YOUR WALKOUT
PHRASES TO USE ON YOUR WALKOUT POSTERS
* We Must Stop Abortion Violence
* Pro-Life, Pro-Woman
* We are the Pro-Life Generation
Make sure to use the hashtag #prolifewalkout on all posters.