Join the SFLA Prayer Team
Students for Life of America’s mission to abolish abortion is a mighty one
that requires lots of travel away from families and some big goals. In short, our team of 40+ employees needs your prayers every day.
In addition, every week, we get lots of prayer requests from students who need help breaking through apathy on their campuses, dealing with obstacles from their administrations, and helping another student whom they met on campus that is considering abortion or needs post-abortion healing.
Bottom-line: We need more prayer warriors – will you join us?
What you can do as a member of the SFLA Prayer Team:
- Sign up to receive monthly emails with various prayer requests from the SFLA team and the students we serve.
- Forward that email onto your family and friends and ask them to join you in prayer and join the SFLA Prayer Team.
- Pray, pray, pray
We can never pray enough. Even though SFLA is not a religiously-affiliated organization, our staff believes in the power of prayer as we have seen it work, first-hand!
Join the SFLA Prayer Team Here:
Scripture: “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: ‘They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.” –2 Corinthians 9:7-9
For our SFLA Team:
- Please pray for our teammates and students attending the 2017 Christian Leadership Summit, that they might be brought together with vision and energy, led by the Holy Spirit, to re-vitalize the pro-life work they do on their faith based campuses.
- Pray that our work in apathetic communities will be met with open hearts and that those encounters might lead others to action.
- Prayers that our SFLA team and volunteers stay physically, emotionally, and mentally healthy as their travel continues to increase to help students across the country as they head back to school.
- Please pray for all of our groups as they head back to school, that they will have more courage than ever to fight the culture of death that often plagues our nation’s campuses.
- Please pray that our team be mindful and able to combat the intense spiritual warfare that we face in this work.
From our Regional Coordinators and other team members:
- Lauren: “Please pray for all of those doing pro-life work in their churches, that they have perseverance and love in their encounters with others. Also that we might be lead to sharing resources and working with new communities.”
- Camille: “Prayers for a woman who walked out of Planned Parenthood crying on Saturday. I don’t know her situation, and she wouldn’t talk to me, but she did let me pray for her. May she find God’s hope, love and mercy.”
- Morgan: “Please pray for the many new groups that are starting in Ohio, that they are prepared and have courage to go into this year with strong plans for their groups. Prayers also for Baldwin Wallace University and Kent State University particularly as they have started groups. Additionally, prayers for the University of Akron group who is starting the Pregnant on Campus Imitative this Fall.”
- Lori: “Please pray for our student leaders to have courage as the school year starts, especially at schools where Planned Parenthood has a presence. Pray particularly for West Virginia University and the College of William and Mary.”
- Beth: “Please pray for pregnant and parenting students who may be struggling with their decisions to choose life and to stay in school, that these students find the resources and support that they need to succeed.”
- Please keep all of our Regional Coordinators in your daily prayers as they travel around their region recruiting, training, and mobilizing pro-lifers.