Ever wonder how to take your passion and experience in the pro-life campus movement into full time work after graduation? If your answer is “yes,” then listen to the How to Get a Job in the Pro-Life Movement Webcast here.
Current Job Openings
Students for Life of America is seeking:
To raise through different channels the yearly budget of Students for Life. To make sure our fundraising strategy is all encompassing and each facet works as a rung on the overall organization fundraising ladder. To grow and retain our donor database – getting each donor to reach their full giving potential. To create and grow a major gifts program.
Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential and major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Maintain, update, and clean donor database regularly
- Cage in house donations sent directly to headquarters
- Major Donor Program – Cultivate current Major Donors and grow them up from direct mail, telemarketing, online fundraising and mid-level fundraising. This includes donor research; meetings with donors, writing ask letters, putting together donor packets.
- Mid-Level Donor Program – Cultivate current mid-level donors and grow them up from direct mail, telemarketing and online fundraising. This includes donor research, and putting together the monthly mailings to these donors.
- Direct Mail – Work with our Agency/President on strategy, topics, cost, and list rental for both our house file and acquisition mail programs.
- Telemarketing – Work with our Agency/President on strategy, topics, cost, and list rental for both our house file and acquisition telemarketing programs.
- Online Program – Work with our President and External Communications Director on strategy, topics, cost, and list rental for both our house file and acquisition online fundraising programs.
- Field Fundraising Program – work with Regional Coordinators to help them reach their individual fundraising goals.
- Foundation Program – Identify foundations for potential grants, research foundations and submit all necessary materials to identification foundations for consideration. This includes drafting LOIs, proposals, and other materials requested.
- Thank You Program – Oversee each donor program’s thank yous, keeping thank you letters updated, and sending out in house thank yous on a weekly basis.
- Special Events Program – Plan and implement all fundraising events including the Annual Spring Banquet, West Coast Gala, Conference VIP Donor Reception, Summer Soirée and other fundraising events. Plan regional events when needed as part of the cultivation of regular, mid-level and major donors.
Please send your resume with a cover letter that includes your pro-life experience to Tina Whittington (email@example.com)
Care Net, a Christian organization supporting over 1100 member Pregnancy Resource Centers in their life-affirming mission, is seeking a responsible intern with excellent research and writing skills to work for the Legal Department in their national office. Care Net is located in Landsdowne Virginia and will support students seeking academic credit for their internship. Students interested in the fields of law or public policy will receive priority for this internship. To inquire, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability and attach your resume.
Americans United for Life
Opportunities include working with AUL’s communication team, development office, dedicated lawyers, and their busy events/administrative team. AUL’s office will work to accommodate busy school schedules. Applicatns are accepted on a rolling basis. The position is unpaid, but documentation can be provided for school credit purposes. To apply, send a cover letter, resume, two professional or educational references, and two personal references by email to: interns@AUL.org.
Internships are unpaid but telecommuting may be an option. To apply, send your resume and writing sample here.
Human Life Alliance
Interns have the freedom to get creative and work on projects that will be used around the world. Graphic design students get hands-on experience with a variety of design projects including publications, posters, brochures, displays, billboards, etc. Writing internships are also available with the opportunity to write articles for publications, newsletters, press releases, and websites. Positions are unpaid but interns can pick their own hours. To apply, send your resume here.
Students for Life of America’s Missionary for Life Program
This is the most innovative pro-life internship of the summer that will give any pro-life leader the full Washington, D.C. experience! Spend 9 weeks in a rotating internship with Students for Life, another national pro-life organization, and a U.S. Congressman! The position is unpaid but housing is provided and documentation can be provided for school credit. See what one of our past Missionaries for Life says about her experience!
Susan B. Anthony List
The Susan B. Anthony List is accepting applications for both part and full time Fall 2012 Internships. Candidates should be self-starters with good communication skills. They must be able to balance multiple demands and work with shifting priorities and deadlines. As an intern, they should be equally comfortable working as part of a team and with minimal supervision. The interns are responsible for a diversity of duties at the Susan B. Anthony List. Their time is partly devoted to assisting in the day-to-day operations of our organization where they are expected to complete typical daily administrative support. They are also involved in larger departmental projects such as political and legislative research, fundraising, and online communications. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. The Susan B. Anthony List is also willing to work with students to gain college credit for their internship experience. Interested students can send a resume, cover letter, and application (available on our website) to the attention of Emily Rose Goellner at email@example.com.
Students interested in working in the St. Louis, MO office with Eagle Forum President, Phyllis Schlafly, please contact Blake Bachmann. Students interested in working in the Capitol Hill office, please contact Suzanne Bibby. Interns will receive a weekly stipend.
Do you want to spend your summer doing pro-life work? Please consider joining Stand True for part or all of the summer as part of our White Rose Pro-life Summer -http://bryankemper.com/whiterose/