The best way to do apologetics training is in conjunction with an on-campus outreach event, such as aG.A.P. or J.F.A. display. This will help start the discussions on your campus about abortion and train your group members to defend their pro-life beliefs using arguments from science and philosophy.
To learn how to train your members in apologetics or have an apologetics training at your school, visit Stand to Reason’s website for more information.
Step by Step Guide:
- Find a speaker or speakers with expertise on the topics that you hope to address. If you are hosting a graphic images display, learn more about effective ways to defend that display. Check out our list of pro-life speakers and invite one to your campus. If you are on a tight budget, you can invite local pro-life leaders. You may invite local pro-life politicians, leaders who staff or run local pregnancy resource centers, pro-life doctors, or pro-life professors.
- Give your speaker something specific that you would like them to speak about so that they are able to plan what they will say.This way, all of the topics that you need to be addressed will be addressed and your group will learn as much as they can.
- Plan your apologetics training to take place either during a weekend or have a series of speakers over a few evenings.Make sure that you can keep your group members engaged during a long day; keep the topics interesting and pertinent to keep their attention.
- Make sure that each speaker leaves time for questions in his or her speech so that your attendees can get the most out of the training day.Sometimes students attend trainings with specific questions in mind, and if those questions are answered, they will become more effective pro-life apologists.
- Have fun!If your group’s finances allow, order pizza for all the participants of the training at the end of the day so that you can all relax and share your new knowledge together.