Sign the Petition
Please sign the petition to our state and national legislators, asking them to abolish abortion after 20 weeks through the Pain-Capable Unborn Children Protection Act.
About the Pain-Capable Unborn Children Protection Act
76% of Americans support a ban on abortions after twenty-weeks, if not sooner.
One of those reasons is that babies at this stage, and possibly earlier, have been scientifically proven to feel pain. That means that as their lives are ending through abortion, they feel every prick, pull and ultimately dismemberment of their little bodies. It is truly horrific.
Several states have moved to ban abortions after 20 weeks and the U.S. House of Representatives has voted to do the same. We hope that the remaining states and the federal government, will pass legislation to protect the preborn that can feel pain.
To see how your Senators recently voted on protecting babies in the womb from pain, click here.
What are the facts?
- According to the Guttmacher Institute (named after Alan Guttmacher, previous president of Planned Parenthood), in 2013, 3.8% of abortions occurred between 16-20 weeks of pregnancy and 1.3% occurred after 21 weeks.
- Of the 652,639 abortions reported to the CDC in 2014; 8,484 of those were done 20 weeks post-fertilization or later.
- 60% of people who identify as pro-choice support limiting abortion after 12 weeks. That is even earlier than late-term abortion.
- More than 3 out of 4 people support limiting abortions after 3 months of pregnancy.
- The United States is one of only 7 countries that allow for this barbaric procedure
- Scientific Proof of Fetal Pain (facts taken from doctorsonfetalpain.com)
- Pain receptors are present throughout the fetus’ entire body by no later than 16 weeks after fertilization, and nerves link these receptors to the brain’s thalamus and subcortical plate by no later than 20 weeks.
- Scientifically proven that by 20 weeks fetuses react to painful stimuli by jerking, recoiling and flinching.
- Scientifically proven that by 20 weeks fetuses that are exposed to painful stimuli during surgery have an increase in stress hormones if anesthesia is not applied.
- Second trimester prenatal screenings are done by taking a pregnant woman’s blood between 15-20 weeks of pregnancy (16-18 weeks is ideal). These tests will determine if the preborn baby has down syndrome or other chromosomal disorders and open neural tube defects like spina bifida – common reasons to abort. (www.hopkinsmedicine.org)
- 67% of preborn children with Down Syndrome are aborted in US
- An ultrasound for an accurate gender determination is done around 20 weeks. Sex selection abortion is legal in the United States.
- Abortion is never medically necessary to save the life of the mother. Leading medical experts speaking at a major International Symposium on Excellence in Maternal Healthcare held in Dublin have concluded that “direct abortion is not medically necessary to save the life of a mother.”
- You can learn more at abortionprocedures.com
- The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act is legislation which protects unborn children who are capable of feeling pain from abortion. Nineteen states have passed this 20-week ban so far, including: Wisconsin, West Virginia, Texas, South Dakota, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Ohio, North Dakota, North Carolina, Nebraska, Mississippi, Louisiana, Kentucky, Kansas, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama.
- Sources: You can find all the sources for our tour here.
They Feel Pain Tour
|California State University Chico|
|California State University Fullerton|
|California State University Long Beach|
|College of Southern Idaho|
|College of Southern Nevada|
|College of St. Benedict|
|Colorado School of Mines|
|Community College of Aurora|
|Cooper Medical School of Rowan University|
|Davis & Elkins College|
|Denver Pro-Life Future and various students|
|Diablo Valley College|
|Fairmont State University|
|Florida State University|
|Fresno State University|
|George Mason University|
|Lord Fairfax Community College|
|Love Live Charlotte Youth Rally|
|Madera South High School|
|Mount St. Mary’s|
|New Mexico State University|
|North Dakota State University|
|Oklahoma State University|
|Old Dominion University|
|Oral Roberts University|
|Oregon State University|
|Our Lady of the Lake University|
|Portland State University|
|Robert Morris University|
|San Jose State University|
|Seton Catholic Binghamton|
|Southeast Missouri State University|
|Southern Methodist University|
|Southwest Baptist University|
|St. Francis University|
|St. Cloud State University|
|St. Gregory’s University|
|St. Johns University|
|St. Louis Community College-Meramec|
|St. Louis University|
|St. Mary’s College|
|St. Mary’s University|
|Superior High School|
|Syracuse High School|
|Tacoma Community College|
|Texas A&M International|
|Texas A&M – Commerce|
|Texas Christian University|
|The College of New Jersey|
|The Kings College|
|Toccoa Falls College|
|Truman State University|
|University of California Berkeley|
|University of California Riverside|
|University of Central Florida|
|University of Chattanooga|
|University of Colorado Boulder|
|University of Colorado – Colorado Springs|
|University of Connecticut|
|University of Houston|
|University of Idaho|
|University of Kentucky|
|University of Las Vegas|
|University of Mary Washington|
|University of Minnesota, Duluth|
|University of Minnesota, Duluth|
|University of Minnesota, Morris|
|University of Missouri|
|University of Nebraska – Lincoln|
|University of Nebraska – Omaha|
|University of New Mexico|
|University of North Dakota|
|University of Northern Colorado|
|University of Oklahoma|
|University of Pittsburgh|
|University of Portland|
|University of South Carolina|
|University of Texas|
|University of Texas – San Antonio|
|University of the Incarnate Word|
|University of Wisconsin, River Falls|
|University of Wyoming|
|Virginia Commonwealth University|
|Washington State University|
|Washington State University – Vancouver|
|West Virginia University|
|Western Oregon University|
|Western Washington University|