Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship 2017
If you answered “Yes” to all of these questions, then you should consider applying for the SFLA Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship!
What Students are Saying
“The Wilberforce Fellowship is a great opportunity to experience what is going on in our Movement. It provides an excellent “behind-the-scenes” look at the effort that many good-willed people are putting forth in an attempt to achieve justice for preborn children. You will have the opportunity to influence and be influenced by people of all ages, while focusing on the improvement of your leadership skills. I am thankful for my Wilberforce experience, and suggest that justice-seeking students seriously consider applying for it. ” – Shea Hasenauer, 2010-2011 Wilberforce Fellow
“Being a Wilberforce Fellow gave me the confidence to dedicate my life to the pro-life movement after graduating from Boise State University. Through the mentorship I learned vital aspects of leadership such as dedication, commitment, perseverance, and communication. Having a mentor in the pro-life movement helped me to grow as a leader within my Students for Life group on my campus while preparing me for leadership in the pro-life movement.” – Lisa Atkins, 2013-2014 Wilberforce Fellow
“It was the Wilberforce Fellowship that gave me a real understanding of the pro-life movement and the perspective and training that I needed to pursue work in it. This program strengthened my leadership skills and equipped me to work towards tangible change in the pro-life movement. If you are looking to take your involvement and efficacy in the pro-life movement to the next level I recommend applying!”
– Connor York 2013-2014 Wilberforce Fellow
“Being part of the Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship this year has given me an outlet to explore leadership on a new level I could not have reached on my own. It has equipped me with the tools to become a better leader not only in pro-life work, but also in other areas of my life. If you want to take your calling as a leader seriously and up your game in the fight for life, I highly recommend applying to this program.”
– Laura Peredo 2014-2015 Wilberforce Fellow
The mission of the Students for Life of America Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship is to raise up the next generation of pro-life leaders. We want to train student pro-life activists to be leaders on campus (and beyond) and to network those student leaders with their counterparts in the national pro-life movement to help further develop their skills. Simply put, the SFLA Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship is the training you need for a career in the pro-life movement!
What to Expect
During the 2017-2018 school year, Wilberforce Fellows will…
- Learn what it takes to be a leader by reviewing various books and publications and participating in bi-weekly webcasts for discussion and guest speaker lectures
- Apply the skills they learn to their campus pro-life groups by completing a Wilberforce Project during the year.
- Assist Students for Life of America in its mission of equipping the pro-life generation
- Work with their National Wilberforce Mentor (a leader of an existing national pro-life organization) who will help network them with the national pro-life movement and assist in completion on their Fellowship Projects
The Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship will consume a couple of hours a week.
At this time, no financial stipends are available
All SFLA Stevens Leadership Fellows will be flown to Northern Virginia for the kick-off weekend training from July 7th-9th. Flights, housing, and meals in the Virginia area will be covered by Students for Life of America.
Who is Eligible to Apply
- Any undergraduate, graduate, law, or med students may apply
- Must be a current leader in a pro-life organization
- Must be interested in pursuing a full-time career in the pro-life movement
- Must be able to attend the Wilberforce kick-off weekend, July 7th-9th.
All applications due by midnight on March 31st. Interviews will be scheduled shortly thereafter. Selections will be made by May 1st.
How to apply
Turn in the Application below and two References to Lisa Stover at email@example.com by midnight on March 31st, 2017.
For More Information
For more information about the William Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship, please contact SFLA Director or Training, Lisa Stover, at firstname.lastname@example.org