Planned Parenthood Referred for Criminal Charges
Following the damning Center for Medical Progress videos that were released last summer, a special committee in Congress was created to investigate the fetal trafficking industry and delve deeper into what the videos seemed to show: that Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry was illegally making money selling the body parts of aborted babies.
Last Thursday, the Select Panel on Infant Lives under the House Energy & Commerce Committee, referred Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast to the Texas Attorney General for criminal charges for the illegal sale of baby body parts. The panel also referred Planned Parenthood’s partners for criminal prosecution.
Congresswoman Mia Love (R-UT) is on the Select Panel investigating Planned Parenthood and during her floor speech about increased funding for the work of the panel, she laid out eight potentially criminal referrals of Planned Parenthood, their affiliates, and their business partners:
These are the referrals, per Rep. Love’s speech:
- First, the Panel discovered that the University of New Mexico was violating their state’s Anatomical Gift Act by receiving tissue from a late term abortion clinic. This is currently being investigated.
- Second, the Panel made a forensic accounting analysis of Stem Express’s limited production and determined that they were profiting from the sale of baby body parts. Now the El Dorado District Attorney and the U.S. Department of Justice are investigating this.
- Third, the Panel learned that Stem Express and certain abortion clinics were violating the HIPAA privacy rights of vulnerable women for the sole purpose of increasing the harvesting of fetal tissue to make money.
- Fourth, the Panel discovered that an abortion clinic in Arkansas violated state law when it sent tissue to StemExpress. This too is under investigation.
- Fifth, the Panel discovered that a university in Ohio was trafficking in baby body parts, an illegal act under Ohio State Law.
- Sixth, it was discovered that DV Biologics, another tissue procurement company, was profiting from the sale of fetal tissue and was violating California sales tax law. This case has been filed.
- Seventh, recently the Panel learned that Planned Parenthood of Gulf Coast violated both Texas and US law when it sold baby body part to the University of Texas.
- Eighth, the Panel also just learned that Advanced Bioscience Resources made a profit when it sold tissue to various universities.
This is huge news! Planned Parenthood as a whole are experts at slipping away from any kind of prosecution for their horrible and criminal actions. Time and again, the taxpayer-funded nonprofit has relied on their friends in the media, their friends in Congress, and their friends in the White House to bail them out.
Here’s hoping that their joyride is cut off in the new Congress and Administration come January. There are better options for women’s care than Planned Parenthood (see the 13,000 Federally Qualified Health Centers that provide the same or better services but without abortion). In the end, we just don’t need Planned Parenthood. They should go fund themselves and stop mooching off taxpayers to buttress their illegal operations.
Good work Select Panel on Infant Lives!