Christian University in WA Has Deep Ties to Planned Parenthood, Abortion Industry
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis details a conversation between a senior demon Screwtape to his nephew and apprentice Wormwood on how to make sure the “patient” compromises his values and morals. It’s eerily close to our current world, where evil infiltrates the very institutions that are supposed to be churning out well-formed pro-life individuals. Instead, we see Christian colleges and universities partnering with Planned Parenthood, allowing the students in their care to be educated by the nation’s largest abortion provider.
Recently, we exposed an internship with Planned Parenthood that Texas Christian University was offering for school credit to their students. Their nonchalant response was that everyone isn’t pro-life and that the school “strives to provide diverse learning opportunities for students to effectively prepare them for the global community.” Yeah, the global community of baby killing.
The fact that Christian universities should claim to be Christian seems completely lost on them.
What happened to adhering to Christian values, to preparing students to be evangelists for Jesus himself and adept to persuasively give witness in word and deed to foundational Christian principles of love, mercy, grace, including the respect and protection of all life, especially the preborn?
But TCU isn’t the only one. Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington, also has ties to Planned Parenthood, who, by the way, committed over 324,000 abortions last year alone and who has been caught in numerous scandals, including the selling of body parts of aborted babies.
Whitworth Students for Life vice president James Silberman demanded his school cut ties with Planned Parenthood in a recent commentary piece in the campus newspaper, citing the facts that:
- There are flyer cards all over campus referring students to Planned Parenthood
put up by the school’s Student Success Center (they list also the pregnancy resource center number but Planned Parenthood should not be listed ever, in James’ and our opinion).
- Planned Parenthood is listed as one of the school’s “community partners.”
- Whitworth sponsored a community fetal tissue research event, highlighting the ‘upside’ of abortion as donating baby body parts and discussing how the undercover videos were highly edited and therefore discredited (By the way, they were authentic, according to two forensic studies).
- The school offered an accredited internship with Planned Parenthood, where students were “professionally trained” by the abortion Goliath’s staff. Planned Parenthood was so proud of this, they even mentioned it in their 2010 annual report.
- Planned Parenthood was able to recruit students at the school Volunteer Fair in October, signing up Whitworth University students and training them at their abortion facility.
As you may imagine, our Students for Life group on Whitworth’s campus may be feeling alienated because their Christian school is supporting the abortion industry. They’ve demanded the following actions from the school:
- Remove Planned Parenthood from Whitworth’s volunteer community partners list and not allow Planned Parenthood to recruit student volunteers and interns on campus.
- Remove Planned Parenthood referrals from campus walls.
- Review the textbooks being used in classrooms (They promote pro-abortion talking points).
- Publicly condemn the bloodshed that goes on inside Planned Parenthood.
- Be part of the solution. Develop a community partnership with I-Choice, a pro-life pregnancy center just a few miles away from the campus. The pregnancy center provides free pre- and post-natal care for pregnant moms, as well as emotional and relational support. They even provide free shelter and a loving family atmosphere for those mothers and/or fathers who have nowhere to go.