Job Opening: Donor Relations Coordinator
Donor Relationships Coordinator/Special Assistant to the President
This position will be located in St. Paul, MN. Applicant must be comfortable working in the President’s home office, from their home, and traveling with the President.
To assist the President in raising the yearly budget of Students for Life by helping to keep the SFLA fundraising strategy on track and grow and retain SFLA’s supporters – helping each donor to reach their full giving potential. This position is the perfect learning opportunity for someone who is thinking of career advancement.
Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle as directed by the President:
Major Donor Program:
- Initiate contacts and follow-ups with potential and major gift donors (via phone, email, and letters)
- Conduct donor research
- Create donor material
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Become familiar with SFLA donor database
- Maintain and update donor records
- Working with printing agency to ensure timely delivery of housefile mail letters and keep costs low
- Assist in design of housefile mail letters
- Work with President to create landing pages
- Work with partner organizations to secure list exchanges and rentals
- Conduct research to identify foundations for potential grants
- Assist in drafting proposals
Thank You Program:
- Assist in ensuring thank you notes and letters are being written and sent in a timely manner
Special Events Program:
- Assist in planning and implementation of any fundraising events SFLA conducts: regional meet-n-greets, receptions, galas, etc.
- Must be excited to learn
- Must be willing to serve as in a critical assistant role to the President of a rapidly growing non-profit organization
- Must be excited to join dedicated team of individuals seeking to abolishing abortion
- Must be willing to work 50+ hours a week
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing position
- Must be a superior multi-tasker and organizer
- Must be a self-starter and be able to take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience serving in a pro-life organization and working as part of a fundraising team is a plus
Salary will be between $35,000 and $45,000 per year, depending on experience. Healthcare, Flex spending, and 401k benefits available.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: Tina Whittington via email at: email@example.com