Seeking: SFLA Regional Coordinator for Northeast
Are you considering full-time work in the pro-life movement? Are you a passionate pro-lifer, outgoing, and excited about training other pro-lifers to abolish abortion? Students for Life of America is looking for a Regional Coordinator for the Northeast part of the country. Do you think you may be right for the job? Read the job description below and send us your resume if you think you would be a good fit!
Students for Life of America Regional Coordinator for Northeast (ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT)
SFLA Regional Coordinators develop and improve the effectiveness of SFLA by working with pro-life campus groups, and encouraging student participation in the pro-life movement. A Regional Coordinator’s work includes, but is not limited to, the development of new campus groups, improvement of existing groups, capturing of pro-life student contacts, and efforts to encourage member involvement in pro-life educational activities. We are looking for a person with campus pro-life experience, a passion for abolishing abortion and excellent leadership and entrepreneurial skills. The Northeast Regional Coordinator will need to be based out of the Boston, MA area to strategically reach this region.
- Create a vision for growth in his/her region
- Start at least 10 new, active pro-life groups per semester.
- Improve the quality of the pro-life groups in his/her assigned region by:
- Consulting with group leaders to help them troubleshoot problems within their groups
- Organizing campus pro-life events with new and existing clubs.
- Training students to be become more effective pro-life leaders and activists.
- Coordinate pro-life students to organize student conferences, trainings, and activism. At least one (1) student conference and/or training should be organized in the Regional Coordinator’s assigned region in Year 1 and two (2) in Year 2.
- Collect pro-life contacts by clipboarding, using Facebook, attending meetings or other means and turn them into the Field Director for SFLA communications
- Post a bi-weekly blog about events and groups within his/her region.
- Will also produce a video blog once per month.
- Communicate with students and supporters via email, social media, phone and text.
- Work with the SFLA Development Coordinator to fundraise $10,000 of his/her salary in year 1 and $15,000 in year two by:
- Networking with members of the community who support the mission of SFLA
- Organizing and executing fundraising events using his/her own network and with the help of an organizing committee
- Actively seeking out potential donors and asking them to support the work of SFLA
- Regularly meet with local and regional pro-life organizations and others who support the mission to establish networks for work by SFLA and students.
- Participate in weekly calls to report progress.
- Assist the President and Executive Vice President with special assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. A positive attitude, good problem solving skills, and a passion for serving in the pro-life field are a must. Some experience working or volunteering within the pro-life movement.
- Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: Tina Whittington via email at: email@example.com